For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Forgot again . .

You'd think that having the posting deadline in the middle of the week would make it easy for me to get to, but I keep going out of town or just being lazy.

So last week, I spend all day Friday at Snowbird with my sister Pam and her family. I rode the Alpine Slide MANY MANY times. Rode the zip line MANY MANY times and sadly, climbed the mountain TOO many times. Halfway through the day their little ski lift thing that takes you back to the top of the mountain stopped working so it was out of commission for a few hours and we had to do some crazy steep hiking to get back to the top of everything. I just kept telling myself that I was working my butt but my thighs were having a hard time being quite as optimistic. Either way, a good time was had by all.

Christopher on the Alpine Slide


Kortnie on the Zip line

Benny on the Zip line

Everyone (except me and Pam) at the top of the mountain.

Saturday I went water skiing with Melissa and her parents. I bit it more than once, but I've got to say, for this only being my fourth attempt as skiing in three summers, I'm doing pretty dang good (or so they tell me). I can get up and keep in myself going for about 40 seconds - and then I'm down. I feel stupid every time I crash, but they keep reassuring me that I'm actually doing better than most and to stop stressing over it. I've got multiple bruises from the adventure but I think it's worth it.

Melissa's Dad watching her ski on Utah Lake

Depositing $7 for this week.

And next weeks teaser: two days of rock climbing and swimming in Crawdad Canyon in Veyo.

PS I'll publish more/better (actual touched up) photos on my personal and photo blogs later.

No comments: