For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Injuries . . by Jj

Okay, so I'm late posting again. I'm not sure if I'm glad that I'm not the only one or sad cuz I'm not the only one. Please tell me y'all aren't losing motivation like I feel I am sometimes. I hope you guys are just busy and not regretting your decision to follow me and my freaky ideas.

Anyway, back to my report. I didn't weigh myself today but as of Tuesday I hadn't lost anything so I'm going to assume that I'm still where I was - or at least close to it. I haven't measured either. I'm leaving that for next week.

But, most of this week was pretty active which I'm pretty excited about. Jana and Aeon came into town on Monday night and we went rock climbing at Momentum down in Sandy. Maria came down and climbed for her first time with us. Such a good workout - and a bunch of yummy guys to boot. ;) And on Tuesday Jana and I took our dogs up Adams Canyon here in Layton. I'm guessing that it's about a 4 mile hike, in and out which was a great workout too. Sadly, J & A had to take off to head to Wyoming on Tuesday afternoon, so it was a short but physical visit.

However, on one especially rocky part of the trail, I twisted my ankle again and now it's all kinds of crazy swollen. I was going to hit the gym this afternoon for a 5k training run but I just didn't dare. I'm thinking that I might have to lay off the training for a week or two which really sucks. I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess the elliptical would still be okay, right? There's not a lot of twisting on the ankle there . . what do you guys think??

We so need to go climbing again! It was killer.

Depositing $9.50 for this week.

3 comments:

no1rachel said...

Which ankle?

mP said...

The same one she hurt MONTHS ago! Someday, Jj, you'll be able to afford quality physical therapy and I'll get your ankle back in shape...hehe.

MJ said...

What a pair we make! hop-a-long and gimpy! Let's start a club!

Have you thought about getting shoes that have better ankle support? I noticed that high-tops are making a come back! Lexa's begging for pink ones! I need blog about that.

But in all seriousness...please be careful with the ankle. Take is easy for a few.