For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Maria Week 36 - Pushed Too Hard

It's been tough doing what my physical therapist wants me to do. Here I am considering a career choice telling people how to get, be, stay healthy - telling people what exercises, stretches, etc to do - and I seem to be struggling to follow my own physical therapists advice. I guess one day I can truly be empathetic to my own clients/patients when they don't want to do what I tell them, right?

I am supposed to be slowly building back up to running. On Saturday I had had enough. I was determined to just see how far I could push it and ... well ... I'm afraid I may have pushed too hard. I ran, not until I hurt, I'm not THAT stupid! But I ran until my knee felt tight. I felt great for like an hour or so after the run. Went up and down stairs, walked all around - no issues! Then suddenly I went to go downstairs again and OMG! Agony! Needless to say, I was pretty bummed the rest of the day. I thought I had really screwed up my knee. Could see my dreams of being a runner drifting away.

So maybe I was a bit being a bit over dramatic. By Sunday my knee was much better and by Monday, practically good as new.

So back to my physical therapists orders - taking it slow again.
Sorry Rach - no 5K for me in June. Maybe July.

Depositing $7

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Blossom,
Sorry to hear about the knee. It's hard to take it slow. Do you wear a knee brace for support?
Hope things go better for you this week. I'm sure you'll be doing a 5K in no time. Take care of that knee!

Love ya!

MJ said...

Oh, sorry, A is actually MJ. Looks like AJ was signed into blogger and I didn't realize it :)