For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Maria Week 37 - Morning Person

I'm a morning person. And if it doesn't get done in the morning, then sometimes it doesn't get done at all. I have found that I have really been slacking off lately especially the past two weeks and it has a lot to do with my morning routine. I have not allowed myself to sleep in - even on mornings when I don't have school and I think that has helped quite a bit. But it still doesn't seem to be enough.

No, back up, scratch that. I AM allowing myself to sleep in. Many, especially Jj, would not call it sleeping in, but it is sleeping in. When I was working I was getting up at 4 AM so that I could be at the gym at 5 AM. Now most mornings I am getting up at 5:30 or 6 AM and sometimes as late as 7 AM.

On Tuesday and Thursday mornings I have class at 7:30 AM. I have to leave my house at about 6:15 AM to get to the University of Utah campus on time so working out before school is pretty much out of the question. And once I'm out of class I've lost any motivation to work out. There, that's it. If I don't work out as soon as I get up - I've lost it! So Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty much out.

I am not putting in my "marathon" work outs anymore. I am not doing my two a days. Being at home all day - it's hard to get back out for the evening classes that I used to take. It was easy to leave work at 5 PM and go to the gym. But I find it hard to leave home to go to the gym at 5 PM.

So there you have it. I'm a morning person. And if I can't do it in the morning - and really first thing in the morning. Then doing it at all becomes a serious struggle. I must get back on track - and soon!

Depositing $4

No comments: