For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rachel's 1st week

This week has been crazy! Everything turned in the garden and all I've done is canning. I haven't stopped moving from sun up to past sun down. I now have 6 more quarts of tomatoes, 14 quarts of peaches, 16 quarts of pears, enough peach pulp in the freezer to do two batches of jam at a later date (thank heavens) and more still to do!! Unfortunately it has interfered with exercising; however, I did loose one pound, 1/2 inch in my waist, an inch in my hips, and been more aware of my water intake. I basically exercised the way people did before there was a gym to hit! So I don't think I should put any money in this week but I am proud of what I accomplished.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Rach, I would say you have met the exercise qualifications. Canning is a lot of work! Hope you have a great week!

JjHansen said...

I agree with Marion. If you're seeing inches and weight lost then you're obviously burning calories in there somewhere. And with all of that lifting there's going to be some muscle soreness and toning happening too. I say count it!