For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

ADVENTURES IN FIBER MJ Week 21

Since I've been working on making sure I get enough fiber, I thought it might be fun to do a little product review. I'm sure you've seen the FiberOne products. Maybe you've tried them. How can you resist? So much of your daily fiber in just one granola bar or one bowl of cereal.


Well, I tried the Honey Clusters cereal a couple of months ago and they were pretty good. They weren't as sweet at Honey Bunches of Oats (my favorite breakfast cereal) but I thought the extra fiber made up for it. My kids liked them too, which translates as a thumbs up in my world.




Then I decided to try the Caramel Delight. They weren't quite a delight though. Both thumbs down! They offer about as much interest to the taste buds as a bowl of packing peanuts!

You win some & you lose some.







$10
xoMJ

6 comments:

JjHansen said...

I really really want to try their poptarts but I've yet to find a grocery store that carries them. So I'm sticking with the original but in the 20% fiber whole grain version for now. One day I'll find the fiber one pastries and all of my wildest dreams will come true.

Thanks for the heads up on the cereal!

mP said...

I get crap from my coach for eating the poptarts, but then i get crap from my coach for all the prepackaged, processed, garbage I eat :-) (Coach, if you are reading this...I know you mean well and appreciate all that you do for me.)
That being said - I'm a HUGE fan of the FiberOne granola bars! And I eat one everyday. But I am cutting back on those too because they have too many calories for my taste.
Speaking of calories - the poptarts have 200 a piece. And I'm not talking about per package - per piece! Just something to think about!

mP said...

OH! One more thing I'm a HUGE fan of.....Orowheat Double Fiber bread! It's only 70 calories per slice! And 48% of your recommended fiber in ONE slice! Also, it tastes great and Orowheat is a company that is committed to making it's products as healthy as possible (they've stopped using high fructose corn syrup in all their products). You really can't go wrong with them!
http://www.oroweat.com/

Anonymous said...

This is Maria's coach. Yes, I give her a regular dose of crap about some of her eating habits. She tends to pick food items based on convenience rather than nutritional value. However, due in my constant nagging I think she is getting much better and avoiding the "bad" stuff. I think she still really wants to buy those pop-tarts however. ;-)

MJ said...

Hey, Maria, or even Coach, where do I buy that bread? Do I have to go to a health food store or just Smith's???

Anonymous said...

Coach here. MJ, you can get that bread in pretty much any supermarket. It is a national brand. Tell Maria to avoid the pop-tarts ;-) She needs lots of encouragement to stay away from all of the packaged stuff.