For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Maria Week 21

I made another attempt at bootcamp. I am happy to report that I burned approximately 400 calories in the 45 minutes I was in class. I am sad to report that I was only in class for 45 minutes instead of the full hour because my toes couldn't take it anymore. I felt the skin rip this time and stopped immediately. Fortunately, it was the old injuries simply reopening and not any new injuries. So I should heal very quicly - in fact, I felt pretty good the very next day.
Huge day for me on Saturday and then again on Monday. I burned more than 1600 calories on both of those days in my workouts alone!
Depositing max $12 for workouts and fruits and veggies (more fruits than veggies I'm afraid) plus a milestone - 1 week of keeping my food journal.

2 comments:

JjHansen said...

Did you ever check into the Body Glide stuff I told you about? You should get some and put it on your feet before a workout. It helps to cut down on the friction between your feet and your socks. I would also suggest you get the double layered socks. Life savers! They have a tighter inner layer that hugs your foot and then an outer layer that moves with your shoe when you move so that your feet don't receive direct friction.
You might want to use it on the inside of your arms and maybe along the inner thigh as well when you're running. It comes in all different kinds of formulas and you can get it at REI or any running store.
http://www.bodyglide.com/

Great job on the workouts too, btw!

mP said...

Yeah, I bought some Glide! I love it! I've had to use it in other to-remain-nameless areas as well with running. I thought originally that my blisters were as a result of wearing the wrong shoes. And I still think that was a HUGE part of the problem. But evidently not entirely. I'll definitely check out the double layered socks. THANKS!