For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Easter Candy Will Be the Death of Me

Okay, can I just say how glad I am to see that I'm not the only one that missed yesterday's posting? I was feeling like such a slacker and logged in at 11:30+ something last night to post when I realized that no one else had written anything yet either so I just went to bed instead.

Can I honestly tell you something? I've got a HUGE stash of Easter candy hidden in random places around my room (for those of you that may be visiting and need a chocolate fix, most of it's under my bed). I've always been a candy collector. I blame my mother. She does it too. I RARELY eat it all. I often end up throwing away stale candy (except for the Peeps which are always better stale anyway) but yet, there it is. I think it's a comfort thing. I feel better just knowing it's there. If only I could save my money and not bother buying it in the first place. But no! No matter now much I try, I continue to buy it anyway. One day I'll find some kind of a rehab program. But, I can also honestly say that Easter is the only holiday that has multiple kinds of candy that I buy/crave so every year I keep telling myself that it will be over soon and then the sneaky candy companies throw me a curve ball and take my favorite Cadbury chocolate mini egg things and introduce them as a Christmas candy. Their new slogan should be, "Cadbury: Making Girls Fat One Holiday At A Time." Of course something similar could also be said of the new sweet potato fries at Arctic Circle which is less than a mile from my house. Damn you, sweet potatoes!


So due to the home remodeling/construction I haven't gotten many traditional workouts in this week - and that includes walking poor Chuck. Sad little guy has been "walked" more than once this week by running up and down the stairs in the living room multiple times. I believe his record was 27 times up and down. One day he'll learn that I'm not really going down the stairs when I act like I am. But hopefully not before I'm done with the house.

I'm depositing the max of $10. I'm counting 5-6 hours a day of cleaning/painting/climbing stairs/moving furniture/running to the trash/climbing ladders as workouts. Also, I've developed a new salad addiction which is great for the whole fruit/veggie thing. Especially when it consists of about 1/2 cup salad and a cup of pineapple/apple/avocado/raisins/sunflower seeds/craisins/carrots. I'm really into the /// this evening. Sorry about that. Oh, and I've also started buying Crystal Light in the little tub things instead of the individual pouches (WAY cheaper) and making a pitcher up in the morning and trying to drink the whole thing throughout the day. Don't get too excited, I've only finished the whole thing once. But I find myself going for that instead of the calorie filled milk with my meals quite often.

And just in case any of you are bored and want to help, I'm hoping to finish painting the kitchen and the upper cabinets tomorrow and then I'm going to be painting the counter tops and the lower cabinets on Saturday. And then I'll be listing my house, and shooting all of the jewelry for my freelance job, painting the bathroom in the basement, painting the half bath . . and then I may be out of projects so I'm really hoping to have a job before then and I lose my mind. Wish me luck.

PS I stole the Peeps image off someone else's blog but felt it was totally appropriate. So thank you Brian Groce, whoever you are. And while I stole the picture of the Mini Eggs too, I totally could have taken that as well since I've currently got two bags under my bed. That is one candy that I can always finish before it goes stale. I believe there may also be two bags in the freezer from last Easter. My bad.

No comments: