For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thank You, Martina!!! MJ Week 24

Hey, Butterfly Girls!

I've been thinking about inner beauty this week.
I know that we are focused on changing our outer appearances, but what we are on the inside is very important too! (You three ladies are some of the greatest inner beauties that I know!) As I've been working on taking better care of my body, I have noticed that I feel better inside...happier, more energetic, etc. But I'm at a place in my life where I feel emotionally exhausted. I need to take some time to strengthen my inner self.

This week, I'm going to work on doing some things to keep myself beautiful on the inside. They are: scripture study, prayer and serving others. I know they are all religious things but religion is a defining part of my identity. I always feel better when I do these things! Maybe we'll call them the golden specks on my wings! I hope you all have a great week!

P.S.

I love these song lyrics!
I thought I'd throw them in this week!
I love you, Butterflies!


She remembers when she first got her wings.
And how she opened up that day she learned to sing.
Then the colors came, erased the black and white.And her whole world changed when she realized


She's a butterfly, pretty as the crimson sky.
Nothing's ever gonna bring her down.
And everywhere she goes Everybody knows,
she's so glad to be alive
She's a butterfly...


Like the pure
st light in a darkened world.
So much hope inside such a lovely girl.
You should see her fly, it's almost magical.
It makes you wanna cry, she's so beautiful...



God bless the butterfly, give her the strength to fly.
Never let her wings touch the ground...

--Martina Mcbride


xoMJ $10

2 comments:

mP said...

Mj - I agree that our inner beauty is JUST as important as our health. I too have felt a huge difference in the way I feel about myself as a result of the positive changes I have made physically. I not only feel more beautiful on the outside, I feel more beautiful on the inside and I believe that shows through.
Keep up the good work ladies! We are all going to get there together because of the love and support we have for each other.

no1rachel said...

Thanks Mj you always are so inspiring!