For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Maria Week 38 - Oh, my achin' back!

If Jj, JBS, and Jim ;-) are actually following this blog and pay REALLY close attention to when this posts they'll see that I am a VERY bad girl. And if they don't follow this blog- then poo on you! :-D

Thanks to Janis for the confidence in my ability to potentially compete in Wipe Out. But I have to admit that for the past few weeks I've felt a bit like an old lady and just don't think I could do much of anything. HOWEVER! If I am the old lady that my mother is - WATCH OUT! That's one tough chick! I know my mom doesn't read blogs, but I gotta give her a big ol' shout out. Scared the $#!& out of us all when she took a little tumble down the front porch stairs this last Sunday and landed on the cement pad at the bottom right on her face/head. Cut up her lip, cut across her nose, two black eyes, and a huge gash across the top of her head, but nothing broken. Thank the heavens above. I hope I'm as tough as she is. But lately I don't feel like it.

My back has been bothering me a bit lately. Just a slight uncomfortable twinge, but it has been getting increasingly worse and worse. I am going to the chiropractor today. YAY! Hoping the alignment will get me all straightened out. (hehe)

Ran yesterday. I have serious issues there. If I take it slow like my PT says to then I feel lazy. So I get impatient and I run a little further than I know I should and I hurt myself. Add to my achin' back a sore knee and I am hobbling around like an old lady. Goodness!

New deal for me. I am going to tailor my workout and rewards to my PT workouts and stretches. I think that might be the only way to get myself and keep myself on track.

I also think this is a great learning experience for me. One day when I am working with people like me - impatient athletes who want to heal immediately and get back on the field/track/court - I can just slap them upside the head and tell them to knock it off.

Depositing $5

No comments: