For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Space Case . . by Jj

Don't feel bad Rach, I'm reporting for two weeks this time too. Completely spaced on posting last week and by the time I thought about it, I figured I might as well just skip it.

Being unemployed has made me the WORST when it comes to a food journal. Not because I eat worse (which I'm sure I usually do) but because I make my food rather than eating it from a package that conveniently has all of the calories and carbs and fat printed neatly on the side of the package. But when you throw together a random salad with 10+ different ingredients or something like that, it just gets to be too annoying to keep track of it all. I know, poor me, right? But, I have gotten MUCH better at the whole fresh produce thing. And of course it's summer now so I'm living off fruit anyway.

Anyway, my ankle seems to be doing a bit better. In the last two weeks I've been running/walking/ellipticaling on it at least five times which is amazing considering I went about three weeks with little to no action. Poor, poor Chuck. He hasn't had nearly enough exercise but he seems to be doing okay with it. And now after seeing what he normally does all day when I'm not home, I don't feel nearly as bad about leaving him when I go to work.

And the hike to Timp Caves was a good time. Sorry you couldn't make it, Rach. Maybe we'll have to do it again later in the year when it's not POURING rain on us at the bottom of the mountain so I didn't even get my camera out of the car and then within minutes of starting the hike, it just kinda stopped. But because of that, we didn't get a single picture. Pathetic, I know.

Depositing $7 for last week
Depositing $9 for this week

PS Utah Arts Festival starts tomorrow . . anyone interested in going?
Oh, and I also think we should consider going to the Wasatch Wildflower Festival. It runs from Friday July 17th to Sunday July 20th. Basically, it looks like you just meet in different parking lots up in the Alta area and then go on guided hikes to go check out all of the wildflowers. I always see those really pretty mountain wildflower pics and wish that I had some in my portfolio but never knew were to get them so this could be really cool. Thoughts?
http://www.wasatchwildflowerfestival.org/

1 comment:

mP said...

I'll be out of town during the weekend of the Wildflower festival....darn it! Because I think it would be amazing to go to!
I hope that the rest of you can go and I hope you guys have a blast!