For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ Week 39 ... Girls Camp


Woot Woot!

I did a 5 mile hike with the girls on Tuesday~No Sweat!

OK, lots of sweat but no problems!

That is a milestone for me! I have to admit that my hind end was burning for the first quarter of a mile. I was stiff from the 3 mile Timp Cave hike on Saturday and a 4 mile morning with my friend on Monday but I found my rhythm and was good to go. Our camp was .21 miles from the flush toilets and the stake meeting spot so I put in several more miles this week. It is so nice to be able to do physical things without my hip shouting at me to stop. One of my friends was telling me about the hike to the summit and I have decided that I'm going to do it before the end of the summer. Any takers?

Rach, we missed you on our cave hike. It was beautiful! We got a little bit of rain but just enough to cool us off. Wish you could have been there. The real storm hit after we were down and heading out to Kneaders for lunch.

I had a really great time and we need to do things like that more often! I'm up for the climbing wall that Janis keeps mentioning. Shall we do that next?

Love you girls!

12 bucks

xoMJ

1 comment:

mP said...

Umm ... hello!!! I have been waiting for someone to go the summit of Timp with me - I LOVE THAT HIKE! But it will kick your butt.