For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The effects of water on Rachel

We're into to this 5/6 weeks(I've already lost count!) I'm already feeling better and healthier. The best part is that I can see my desire to be active and fit is influencing people around me, especially George. He was doing really well in exercising until the death of our baby. He has now joined a league basketball team with people from work and goes and plays church ball more often. I know that my kids are watching and I'm working out how to do more active things as a family. My mom has even commented on my desire to exercise. I hope this helps her to find the motivation. I'm so excited!

Now on to the effects of H2O! I don't get as much as I should every day but I know that I'm drinking more. Also, my kids are drinking more because they see me drinking water. Actually they just take gulps from my water bottle! Oh well... but that will have to change soon with flu season on us. I like to share but... the flu? No thanks. Another change that I think has come from water is my bowel movements. Since having kids I've had a difficult time staying regular. So I would add more fiber rich foods and more fruits, even prunes! Nothing worked! Now that I have been drinking water regularly I don't have that problem.

So for this week I will be depositing $8 for the workouts and toning. Nothing for fruits and veggies because, even though I've been good, I think Halloween canceled out the goodness of eating them.

1 comment:

mP said...

Hehe, R - you are so funny! I totally thought about mentioning my bathroom issues, too. Well, you've inspired me to be more open!
I know that I've inspired people around me, too. That is a huge bonus to this whole thing that I NEVER expected, but wow! what a pay off!
Speaking of kids watching you - be careful what you say. Use words like "healthy" and phrases like "healthy choices" or "healthy options" - this will also have a huge impact on your kids. (Sorry, what do I know about raising kids? I just heard it somewhere and thought I'd pass it along.)