For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Winter Makes Me Fat and Lazy . . by Jj

This has been the worst week as far as food goes. I didn't even try to track or wonder about what I ate on Friday. I figured there would be tons of junk at the party and I'd go to town, turns out none of it looked good to me (which really, now that I think about it is no surprise cuz I HATE eating in public - unless at a restaurant - more than I would hate being being pantsed in the middle of a party. It's weird and I have issues. Deal with it). So really, I didn't end up eating anything there but didn't track anything else I ate that day. And since I knew that I wasn't too bad on Friday, I didn't bother on Saturday either. I blame the cold. I lose all motivation when I'm cold. Winter is not my friend. It's weird and stupid and probably 97.6% mental but I find being cold to be absolutly painful. Guess I'll never move to Alaska.

Anyway, so as far as workouts go, I did pretty good there but didn't lose any weight. I blame the crappy eating but at least I didn't gain anything. I also didn't lose any significant inches either, but, again, I didn't gain anything. Hope I'm not hitting one of those bad words that Maria mentioned. Is that really possible when you've only been really trying for about 2 months? I have done much better with my water and my fruits and veggies since making it a milestone but Sunday sucked cuz it was Fast Sunday and it's really hard to get that many servings into one meal (digital eyeroll). So I'm not counting Sunday as a negative. I'm just going to ignore that day all together. And with that, I'll be depositing $9.50 for my workouts and F&V's. Sigh. One day I'll hit another cool milestone that I can brag about.

PS I've got a movie line stuck in my head . . is it from Saturday's Warriors? I see a blonde writing a letter, getting annoyed and just saying, "Try harder." That's how I feel right about now.

2 comments:

mP said...

Is it terrible that I like hearing that I'm not the only one that has issues? Makes me feel less alone.
Try harder, Jj. Teehee! I need to try harder, too.
I think as long as we're all headed in the right direction it's ok to have down days.
And don't let the cold get to you too much!

no1rachel said...

I hate being cold too! I'm now trying to remind myself that if I keep moving I won't get so cold.