For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Judgement . . . by Jj

So as I was in my toning class this morning, looking around the room at all of the different types of people in there. And I noticed a HUGE difference in my thoughts as my eyes wandered. Every time I saw someone who was out of shape or a little heavy I thought, "Good for them. That's awesome that they're getting out there and putting in a real effort." But then I moved to the woman in front of me, and seriously, I feel (a little) bad telling you what crossed my mind, "Seriously? Who does she think she's fooling? That woman is in her 50's. There's no way those are natural. She's got skinny little chicken legs, a 20" waist and a D cup? It MIGHT be believable if they moved or weren't still sitting where they were when she was 23."

I know that no one is looking at me but I wondered what they would be thinking if they were to notice I was there and this is what I came up with, "Seriously? I see her here quite often and yet, I see NO progress. She's still flubby and out of shape and she obviously hasn't lost any weight. She should give up and go home and open up the machines for other people who aren't eating ice cream right out of the carton for dinner." Or maybe that's just what I'm thinking since I measured for the first time in over a month and realized that in the last (awful) month, I've lost about three months worth of progress. I guess I'm going to have to work even harder if I plan on EVER weighing what my drivers license says I do. And I was SO CLOSE before, too. Ugh. Why does it have to suck?

$9 for this week. And I still haven't figured out what I need to transfer for all of my missed weeks. But I promise, I will - eventually.

1 comment:

mP said...

we all judge - sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad. sometimes we're wrong and sometimes we're right. don't be too hard on yourself.
and Jj - you're also dealing with some emotional issues right now (whether they're evident and obvious or not) and they're going to take a huge toll on you too. cut yourself some slack. this is about more than just inches and pounds.
we all love you and we're all here to support you!