For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Maria Week 29 - The Blues

Looks like we did it again. We are a bunch of slackers. It is Thursday night and none of us have posted yet. I can't blame my ultra busy life - that would be a lie. I blame my lack of motivation.
Last Thursday I got laid off. That's right. You all know how much I loved my job, loved my co-workers, loved going to work. (It's sad, but I looked forward to Monday's and got a little sad on Fridays - how pathetic was I?)
Since then I've suffered from a serious lack of motivation. I've still hit the gym, but I get there and don't really feel like doing anything. I get back home and definitely don't feel like doing anything. Just want to take a nap - crawl into a hole and escape. In fact, if I didn't go to the gym first thing in the morning, I'm not sure I'd get out of bed at all. (And I can't explain why I get out of bed and to the gym first thing in the morning.) I don't think it's depression, just a little case of the blues. I'll snap out of it eventually, I'm sure.

(Maybe I'll feel better when I can run again, too.)

Depositing $6 for work outs

1 comment:

MJ said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your job situation! That would definitely make me blue.

You are pretty amazing to be able to get up and head to the gym every morning! I'm glad you are taking it easy and allowing your body to get back to normal after the marathon. What did the doc say about the knee?