For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Maria Week 30 - I JUST MIGHT BE A RUNNER

I went to the PT this week and I am so excited to report that I am a runner! So the answer to my previous quandary is YES!
I was assigned to the running team at TOSH, because, well ... I'm a runner. My PT is a runner, his PT assistant is a runner, and his other assistant (who I didn't have the pleasure of meeting at this visit) is also a runner. They did all sorts of really cool evaluations and measurements on my joints, watched me run, stretched me out and determined that I am, in fact, a runner. They also told me that for someone who has been only running for like 5 months, I sure do look like a runner. It has also been determined that I have done no major damage to my knee (or hip for that matter), that there is nothing seriously wrong with me knee or hip, and that there is no reason I should have any problems running in the future.
I was given a series of stretches designed to try and alleviate my sciatica issues as well some good sound stretches any runner should use. And then I was given some exercises designed to help strengthen my hip muscles to assist with protecting my knees.
Ok ... so as for the other Butterfly Girls stuff. I am back to the gym with a vengeance. Now that my knee is feeling better and I am well rested and recovered I am hitting it and hitting it hard. I burned 2003 calories last Monday - with no job I can afford to spend 5 hours at the gym and it's a beautiful thing! I am back to resistance training, back to boot camp, back to cycling. I am loving it. Hmmmm....wonder if I can find a job that will just pay me to work out. Now that would be COOL!

Depositing ... Max $10.

Mj - I am STOKED for the Timp Cave hike!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Wooooo Hoooo!

XOXO to my favorite runner! I'm glad you finally gave yourself credit for being a runner! You are an inspiration to me!

JjHansen said...

You're amazing! I so wish I had the drive to do the same thing! But you've inspired me to do better. I've been unemployed much longer than you have and all I've done was gain 5lbs.

Can you be considered running if all you can do is 1/4 mile at a time? teehee If so, count me in!