For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Clowns to the Left of Me - Jokers to the Right . . . by Jj

So last week I was at the gym . . it was probably two weeks ago but whatever. I was on the elliptical and there was nothing on TV so I was people watching. On the front row there was this guy, probably 25 years old or so, and a good 30 lbs overweight (mostly around the middle, first time I've ever noticed a guy with a muffin top). He was wearing very large baggy basketball shorts (typical) and sneakers. And he obviously though he was pretty hot stuff. I could see him checking people out and watching all of the women around the gym. He had longer hair and he kept running his hands through it and shaking it out of his face. All of that is fairly normal, but the one detail I left out is the best part. He was wearing a skintight metallic purple shirt that was about two sizes too small. It had 3/4 length sleeves and a rounded bottom like a dress shirt so it kept riding up around his middle and he kept tugging it down (in between hair sweeps). I tried to take a picture of him with my cell but I was moving too quickly and it was just a big purple blur . . I think we shall call him "Puplur".

Okay, now onto the real post. There's something wrong with BodyDaemon at the moment so I can't log into to figure out exactly what my workouts were so I'm going to guess. I'm thinking it's going to be about $8.00 for workouts and diet (I'll figure it out for sure when I can get back in and correct it next week). I lost another pound this week but I still need one more before I hit another milestone. I lost a 1/2" around my waist which is good because I haven't seen any progress there since the middle of October and I really want my 26" waist back. Ohoh . . I also lost another inch around my ribs but it's not a milestone. I just think it's cool. I'm really hoping that I can lose another 4-5 lbs before I go to Vegas next month (planning on doing some shopping for some new jeans) but I don't think it's going to happen. I just don't lose that quickly and I'm leaving in two weeks. Oh, and get this! I gained another 1/2" around my chest! Seriously . . HOW does that happen? If I'd known it was possible I would have done this years ago. Maybe by the time we're done I'll rival Marion or Maria! HAHAHA! It's okay, you can laugh.

Next weeks story. . how Janis had to walk out of kickboxing half way through because she was having a hard time keeping her lungs down. When is this cough going to go away?? I blame el nino. Okay, it's probably the inversion but el nino is so much more fun to say.

PS I've got that song stuck in my head now. Hope you do too. ;0) Thank you Lynard Skynard.

2 comments:

MJ said...

I would love to go to the gym with you! I'm sure we'd get an ab workout just from laughing! Thanks for the mental picture of puplur!

mP said...

Congrats on the skinny jeans - take what you can get!
As for the jokers and clowns - I believe they're everywhere! There's no escaping them, unfortunately.