For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Maria Week 17

I have been trying to post - or at least start a post since Tuesday. Argh! So here it is ......
I love going to the gym. I get so motivated and inspired there. I am a serious regular and am starting to learn the names of and get to know the other regulars much better. I have my classmates from cycling and my other morning classes. They're a pretty tight group and I was accepted into their group some time ago. But I'm starting to get accepted into the night classes group now and that's an even harder group to get into because there aren't as many loyal groupies there. But the regulars I refered to above are the people who don't attend classes - the hardest group of all to get into because they really can't be defined as a "group" ... just a bunch of individuals working out alone together.
The other reason I love going to the gym .... people are starting to notice a difference in me. How can I not want to keep going when someone tells me that I'm starting to get "cut". Or that they have noticed a huge difference in me in just the past few months. Also had a lady comment on how strong I was - said that she was watching me in Powerflex and couldn't believe that I could lift that much. I told her to hang in there because 10 months ago I was ready to cry if I got to class and the 3 and 5 lb weights were all gone and I had to use the 8 and 10 pounders.
I hit approximately 6 miles running on Sunday. Nothing but sheer will power and determination. I know now that the first 3 miles are the hardest and if I can just get past them then I get into my stride and do ok for a while. But after 3.5 miles it wasn't getting any easier. At 4.5 it still wasn't easier. At 5.5 it was hard as #&!! but I kept going - determined to hit a new personal best - if only by .25 miles! And I did it. (Can't say I could repeat it any time soon, but I did it!)
Changing my milestones a bit - want to tailor them more towards my running goals so check them out please!
Also, will be contributing the max - $10

1 comment:

MJ said...

Hey, I missed you when you didn't post on Wednesday. I'm glad you have a great network of "fitness friends" to keep you energized. Have I told you lately how proud I am of you? Well, I am and so are R and Jj. We sure love you!