For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Latest Addiction . . . Robitussin

So this week has TOTALLY sucked. It started out okay when I left work early on Wednesday and hit the gym before heading down for New Year's Eve. But as I'm sure you ladies probably notice . . I got progressively worse as the evening went on. And by the next day I was borderline dead. I didn't get out of bed again for the next four day. So much for a long weekend break, huh? I've been back to work this week but have accomplished very little. Aside from the one cardio workout on Wednesday I haven't worked out at all. Well, that's not totally true. Twice this week I've attempted strength training and made it about half way through the workout before I was on the floor gasping for air and unable to get up again.

However, on a happier note . . I've still managed to lose 2 1/2 lbs this week. I'm betting it's water weight and I'm still a half pound from a milestone so I'm not counting it yet but I REFUSE to gain it back, dang it! I'm going to the gym tonight! I don't care if I have to crawl on the treadmill, I'm doing something! And poor Chuck has only had one walk this week (thanks to Melissa who felt bad for him and took him out in the rain). However, we did discover that he's not the brightest and got quite a workout in by getting him to run up and down the stairs. It's better than nothing so don't judge me. ;-)

And with that I've hit a record low for deposits this week .. a whole $2.50. Ugh.

1 comment:

mP said...

My poor Jj .... I don't envy you (or Chuck). I haven't really been sick (knock on wood) and hope that I don't get sick. I can't afford any interruptions in my training. I hope you get better soon!
As for Chuck - there is absolutely nothing wrong with working him out on the stairs! I say you keep that up until you can get out. (For smaller dogs that's all they need anyway - a few trips up and down the stairs, run around the living room a few times, and jump onto and off of the furtniture a few times.) So do what you've got to do!