For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MJ Has Been Thinking! WEEK19




OK . . .


I've been thinking . . .


I need to make some changes .


If I don't, I might not be able to earn my vacation money in time. And I really need a vacation about now!

Our original guidelines allow money to be earned by doing workouts, eating fruits and veggies and hitting milestones. It's a great plan. However, because my hip injury is still haunting me, I can't work out as aggressively as I would like. Therefore, my vacation money isn't building very fast.

As you know, I am a big fan of fitness. I think exercise is essential. But I also think that nutrition, water intake, sleep and other factors have an invaluable impact on one's quality of life. I would like to factor these things into my personal fitness plan and earn vacation money with them. Most importantly, these things will help me in my quest to achieve balance in life.

So, here is my new plan:

*Toning and strength training = $1 each workout

*8 glasses of H2O = 25 cents per day
(Potentially $1.75 per week.)

*Staying within my daily carbohydrate limit = 25 cents per day
(Potentially $1.75 per week.)

*Meeting fiber intake = 25 cents per day
(You guessed it! Potentially $1.75 per week.)

*Getting 6-8 hours of sleep = 25 cents per night.
(Yada. Yada.)

I am not putting anything down about protein or fat because it will max my $10 limit. And the items above are the ones I tend to struggle with.
I love you, Mountain Dew!


As for milestones:


*Yoga every Saturday for a month.

*1 inch lost from trouble spots.
I won't count inches lost from my legs or my behind everywhere else is fair game.

*3 miles on the treadmill in one workout.
After I meet this milestone consecutively for 4 weeks, I will add a mile and work toward the new total for my next milestone. 4 miles, 5 miles, 6 miles etc. I'm going for distance rather than time because of what I affectionately call my old lady hip. Yep, I walk about as fast as a senior citizen these days.

And That, Ladies, Is My New Plan!!



$6.50

xoMJ

school.discoveryeducation.com

1 comment:

mP said...

Mj...sweetheart - you gotta do what you gotta do. That's the best part of this challenge - we get to do what works best for each of us individually. And continue to motivate, support, and inspire each other along the way.