For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dedicated to Men Who Attempt Yoga . . by Jj


I've got one word for you (and then a whole bunch more) . . OUCH! Monday night I took a pilates class which wasn't too bad. I could feel it in my thighs on Tuesday. Then Tuesday night I took a yoga class. (That may have been a mistake but I'll get over it when I fit into a smaller pair of jeans.) And now I'm really feeling it. I slept with a heating pad on my back. Stupid degenerative disc disease. Who's bright idea was it to use alliteration to make something so painful still sound cute?

But, even though I was in a bit of pain through most of the class, I had to fight with myself not to laugh my way out of all of my balance poses because of the group of college age guys that were in the back of the class. Bless their hearts, they were trying so hard. The poor teacher kept having to go back there and correct everything they were doing wrong. She probably got more of a cardio workout than anything else from having to run back and forth. But hopefully they'll see the benefit and keep coming.

Oh, another random note . . about six weeks ago I'd gone to the gym on a Tuesday night and done some cardio before my yoga class. When I went back to the locker room to get my mat there was a woman in there who asked me what class I was going to. She'd never tried yoga before so I convinced her that she should give it a shot. And she's been in the class every night since! Look at me go, influencing the already skinny to try yoga and make me look chubby. I'm a giver, that's for sure.

As for this week, I did pretty good on my workouts and F&V's. I'll be depositing the max of $10. And when it comes to measurements and milestones . . . I lost an inch around my waist and my sexy muffin top. I would like to make a joker here about how sad I am that I now have less to hold onto but I just can't think of anything clever so I'll leave it alone. So my grand total this week is $14 plus $0.50 from last week since I was just guessing. Pretty good guess, I think.

And one last thing . . I found a body mass index calculator that I like better than the one we were using before. It's much simpler. Now might be a good time to recalculate where you are and what your weight loss goals may be so we can reassess and plan out our goals.

3 comments:

mP said...

You always have the best adventures! I think Mj and I BOTH need to come to the gym with you!
Keep up the good work - you're awesome!

MJ said...

Hilarious!

Thanks for that great link to the BMI calculator! I just did it and found out that.......I am in the normal range!!!!whew! I was nervous when I was putting my info in. Especially since I carry extra inches around my middle. I won't by the time we vacation though!

no1rachel said...

Yes the BMI link is lovely.

My life is so boring compared to yours. I need to hang out more!