For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Being sick isn't all bad . . by Jj

So even though I haven't worked out nearly as much as I'd like in the past two weeks, I haven't been able to eat much either. So, whoohoo to that. I've managed to lose 2lbs and an inch around my hips. AAANNNDDD . . to make things even better, both yesterday and today, I've been able to wear jeans from my skinnier days to work! I was so throwing a party. Of course the real test is my other skinny jeans that don't have any stretch in them. Need to lose another inch or two around the thighs before that happens but I'm working on it.

So my new goal for the next (forever) few weeks is to get more strength training into my workouts. I've been doing well with my cardio but have been slacking on the strength because I don't like hanging around all of the smelly muscle men at the gym. They can be very intimidating. I guess I'm just going to have to get over it.

hhmmm . . just realizing that the skinny jeans I'm wearing today aren't nearly as comfortable as the ones I wore yesterday. I think I may need to lose another pound or two before I go back to these ones again. Sad.

Anyway, I'll be depositing $9 for workouts and diet and $4 for milestones so a grand total of $13.00 Almost makes up for last weeks disaster.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Wow, I'm amazed that you have skinny jeans from so long ago. I get tired of my clothes and send them to DI once a year. Maybe I'll go buy a pair of skinny jeans...want to go shopping?

And that is a huge total for the week! You are awesome. Thank goodness there is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness. Did you see that movie yet?

mP said...

Mj - you are so good to take your stuff to the DI - i have a big house with lots of closet space so i keep everything and I hate it. I need to be more like you!
Jj - you rock sister! Work on getting in that strength training - you'll see a huge difference! I know it's not easy ... I struggle with it too, but once you start seeing some definition - you'll be addicted!