For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

MJ..........-1

Doing OK this week. My water intake has been good and so has my fiber. I'm happy to say that I've been doing great with balance in my diet. And I've really been working on getting more sleep. For some reason my body doesn't want to lay down and relax and so I am awake for a long time at night. I have gone off of caffeine, thinking that it might have something to do with it but I haven't noticed a difference as of yet. (Mountain Dew, I miss you!) I'm still stretching at night and have tried taking a hot shower to help me relax before bed but I still seem to be up until really late. Suggestions anyone?

OH, AND I LOST A POUND!!!!!!!
How's that for craziness? Stop doing the intense incline on the treadmill and lose a pound.

$9.50
xoMJ

2 comments:

mP said...

Mj - perhaps the intense incline was putting your heartrate into a higher zone and so your body was burning sugar instead of fat. That may explain the loss of a pound. I don't have a sleep problem so I'm not sure what to tell you there - I'm exhausted all the time and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. So ... opposite problem for me.

MJ said...

Thanks, Maria, that might be it. But I do have a snazzy heart rate monitor that is also a watch. It tells me what zone I'm in and I'm not over the fat-burning zone very often. Remember, I go slow:)

btw
If anyone is interested, they sell caffeine free mountain dew at walmart!