For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Maria's Week 11

I have hit a new low. It's only a half pound lower than my last low, but the way the past two weeks have been - it's incredibly exciting.
Also, I a need to be committed .... to an insane asylum. In a fit of temporary insanity I registered to run a half marathon in Moab in March. YIKES! What as I thinking!?!?!?!?! I haven't been selected - it's a lottery so there's a chance I won't be running (I'm secretly praying for that). It will be good though - get my butt into shape. And it's nice to have a deadline - even if it is only 3.5 months away!!! (banging my head against the wall at this time).
So, new low, but not quite low enough for a milestone - still half a pound away for that. And only 3.5 lbs from my goal! That's exciting! Maybe I'll reevaluate my goal. Lost another inch in my waist - the biggest part of my waist. The smallest part is the same - strange. But that's a milestone! Lost another inch and a half off my chest - what?!?!?! How is this happening? Not where I want to be losing anything! I measured 3 times to be sure. Nearly an inch in my ribs, an inch in my hips, quarter inch in my bottom (another place I don't really want to lose), and 1/2 inch off each thigh. I'm getting there - slowly but surely.
I'll be depositing $14 - max plus 2 milestones.

3 comments:

JjHansen said...

hhmm . . 1 1/2" off your chest?? I haven't been measuring my chest. Maybe I should. I just figured that I'd worry about it when I had room to tuck my cell phone in my bra. But sadly, I was there before we started the challenge. A bit of a "better if I don't know" type thing for me.

Oh, and I think I'll attach your cape to your straitjacket! You're freakin' awesome for signing up for the half marathon but coming from my own "no way" perspective, you are insane. However, I know you can do it! And maybe if people can get away we'll join you in Moab to cheer you on! What do you think ladies??

mP said...

I could really use a cheering section! That would be awesome! It's March 21. It's a lottery - so even though I've signed up and registered, I don't have a spot yet. But I will definitely keep you all posted. Girls weekend - fun!

no1rachel said...

I'm all for a cheering section in Moab! It'll be awesome....Maria running, the rest of us screaming, Maria gasping for air, the rest of us gasping for air because we can't stop screaming because Maria is just way so super AWESOME!!