For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

In memory of my Prom dress . . by Jj

While I was home for Thanksgiving a couple of weeks ago I was digging though the closet in the room I was staying in and I found my graduation dress, the dress I took my senior pics in and my prom dress. Needless to say . . I couldn't help but try. And while I was able to get the dress on and (mostly) zipped up - it DID NOT look good. I was bulging in places that I never thought it was possible to bulge. I knew I should have worn one of those stretchy elastic sequin mermaid looking things. That's what I get for having taste, I guess. (yes, I know I wore one of those stretchy elastic sequin mermaid looking things to the JR prom - but that was NOT by choice). Okay, done rambling . .

I've been doing pretty good with the exercise but the weight loss and inches has SERIOUSLY slowed. I think that can be credited to winter (willpower has nothing to do with it). I did lose another pound this week, which I think puts me to where I only need one more for my next milestone but I'll have to go back and check that. And some how I managed to GAIN an inch around my chest!! And it's in the "good" part! How on earth did I manage that one?!? Probably hormones or something but I'll take it any way I can get it. Heaven knows I need it. So with all of that I'll be depositing $9.50 for workouts and diet. Sadly, no milestones this week.

I think one thing that will help me (which I need to be more diligent with) is my food journal. I'm great as long as I'm at work but when I get home I think, "I'll record it when I go upstairs," or "I'll record my dinner tomorrow" but then I forget and when Wednesday rolls around I can't remember what I ate. Who am I trying to kid?!? Anyway, recoding EVERYTHING is my new goal (even if it puts me over my calorie/carb count which I admit, I've totally cheated and not recorded stuff because it would look bad). There, I said it. I feel better now. Here's what I need from you . . every time you talk to me remind/ask/reprimand me about recording stuff so I'll get on top of it! I know I won't if I don't know people are wondering and checking up on me.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Oh, the red dress!! You are so cool, I would never dare to try on my prom dress!

"...lady in red....dancing with me...cheek to cheek... something...something...."