For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The first thing I have done this week ahead of time

I have been such a procrastinator this week! Signing in is the first thing I have done this week before it became crunch time!! I have worked out and didn't allow the unpredictability of life get in the way until Monday. I couldn't shake the overwhelming depression:( It didn't help that I stayed up until 4 am each reading because I couldn't sleep. So instead of exercising I laid on the couch! However, I did eventually get up to help a friend reupholster her chair. What a workout...my body hurts! We've been working on it for the past two afternoons and have barely made a dent. I was sweating and breathing hard as we pulled out staples. So I'm going to count both days as one work out. So I'll deposit $8 again this week.

3 comments:

mP said...

A work out doesn't have to be conventional - if you get your heart rate up and break a sweat - then it counts! So good job! And great job about getting in your other workouts! It can be tough sometimes and I think sometimes we need to go easier on ourselves. (hehe, I'm one to talk!)

JjHansen said...

I totally agree with Maria. A workout doesn't necessarily mean that you're on the treadmill or the elliptical or whatever. I got quite a workout doing yard work on Saturday and I'm totally counting that. I think the most important thing is just to keep active. (But I think we all need our break time to just hang out on the couch too so don't beat yourself up over it. I do that too.)

MJ said...

Hey, I'm all for alternantive workouts! Sweetie, the month is almost over. I know it's been a hard one for you and you are awesome for getting through it! Come upholster my couch anytime...or just come lounge on my couch if you want:)