For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MJ: Signing In!


Marion, Janis, Rachel, Maria 11-05-2005

Hip Hip Hooray! I have met my first milestone!!! My H2O for 2 weeks!

I have been really working on my water intake. I mentioned this last week but I'll say it again. I have so much more energy!! Now, I love water, but it has not replaced Mountain Dew as my drink of choice. Honestly, I love the stuff. So, I have a rule that if I'm craving a soda, I drink a glass of water first. A lot of times the craving will go away after that. I don't beat myself up if I happen to still crave the soda. But I am sure to underline the carbs in my food journal since soda carbs are empty carbs. (Yes, girls, my food journal is still a notebook. I haven't taken the time to get one of the online options that are available. I hope to do that soon.)

I am loving my workouts. Having great women to walk with makes a huge difference. I'm also doing some ball workouts with another good friend of mine, Gunnar Peterson.

I like these workouts because they don't hurt my hip and you can use weights with them. I am so proud of you ladies and all of the fantastic workouts you talk about. I wish I had more options. We all know I'm like the lady on the lowest level of those 1980's and 90's aerobics videos thanks to my bad hip. Sometimes I get envious of the runners that I see in the morning. There's a group of three women who run and carry on a conversation at the same time. I would love that! But I keep reminding myself that I need to do what is right for my body and learn to be happy with myself. So, I'll keep on walking and I'll see you on vacation in a year!

I am going to remove my H2O milestone from the list and replace it with taking my multivitamin everyday for 3 weeks. I can't believe how often I forget to take it. And I will be depositing $10.

3 comments:

no1rachel said...

Way to go Marion! It's awesome that you know that you need to listen to your body. I think that the Ya yas going to paradise is best support group because eventhough we are all on different fitness levels and have diffenent needs we all succeed. I am so excited that we are becoming more healthy together!
If Ya yas were a bra it would be the most amazing bra that fits and supports each woman where she needs it most. Go Ya yas!

mP said...

Great job, Marion. And I am with Rachel on this one - it's so exciting that we can support each other so much and that we can each customize our own program based on our own needs. We'll all get there - I have no doubt about that. But we'll get there in different ways because we are different women with different needs and different challenges.

JjHansen said...

I'm really slow with the comments today so I feel like almost all I can say to everyone is ditto. Marion, I think you're doing awesome. I know how deep your Mt. Dew "addiction" runs and how hard it is to get over that. I'm still working on the whole Dr. Pepper thing I've got going on.

I'm thinking next time I'm at the grocery store I'll buy those cute little mini cans. If I buy one at work I usually only drink the whole thing cuz I feel bad wasting it. I find that my cravings are usually taken care of with less than a can. Maybe we should both try it.

Keep up the good work! Hhmm . . maybe I'll make capes for all of you!