For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MJ

Hi, girls!

Good News! I'm literally inching my way closer to the "lose 5 inches" milestone. Yay! Taking my measurements made me happy this morning...but I was already smiling because I feel better than I have felt for a long time. I know it's a combination of exercise, diet, water and actively working to improve my life. I was exercising regularly before starting this challenge but now I really put my heart into it. I'm glad to have a Wednesday in every week on my calendar because I know you girls will be checking up on me and I need that.

I'm going through a season of self realization right now. Maria put it best when she talked about a transformation similar to that of a butterfly. I don't want to drift along in life anymore. I want to make every minute count. Being healthy and happy is a big motivator for me. I am in a position where I see a lot of older people who are losing their ability to function because of life choices they made when they were young. I don't want that to happen to me. (Or to you for that matter and I'll be keeping an eye on you three!) I am glad to know that you will always support me. I was a little frustrated last week because of the limitations I have due to my bad hip. Your comments really helped me. It meant a lot to know that you love me the way I am, Thank You.

$10


I still haven't heard from the bank so I'll keep this until I get the signature card.


4 comments:

mP said...

I love knowing that I am not the only 30-something who waited (although not intentionally) until she was 30-something to start to figure herself out. I am so excited to be making this transformation from cute and rolli-polly caterpillar into the fitness cocoon to emerge in a year (or less) as a beautiful butterfly.

no1rachel said...

The cool thing about caterpillers is that they go for massive food eaters to these graceful slender creatures...I'm so excited we are going to be great!

mP said...

Leave it to my very wise friend Rachel to know EVEYRTHING! I had no idea that caterpillars were massive food eaters. It makes perfect sense though. And while we may not have been massive food eaters - we will certainly be better food eaters from now on.

JjHansen said...

Stupid bank. I don't know why they haven't called with you with the signature card. If I think about it I'll call them this afternoon and see what's going on there.

Congrats on the progress!