For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Working Lunches, Dinner Parties, and Football Games

I got killed this last week. With three working lunches, four dinner parties, and one football game I cheated nearly every day! And I have paid for it in many ways; stomach aches nearly everyday (you'd think I'd learn), gaining 4 lbs, and losing money.
On a positive note. I lost 2 of those 4 lbs before my weigh in. I literally ran a pound off last night. Also, it isn't one of my listed milestones, but it's a big deal to a girl who's never been able to run a mile without stopping before - I ran 2 1/2 miles last night and I didn't stop to rest once. I think I might have been able to go a little further, too, but it was getting really dark.
Another thing is that I'm seeing a lot of definition in my forearms and calves. I didn't have far to go with them, but I haven't concentrated on them at all. Usually I avoid exercises that work my calves because the last thing I want is for them to be any bigger and there wasn't much fat to lose from them. But nonetheless - they are looking very defined and I sort of like them!
I'm updating my milestones. I don't believe I'm getting enough sleep so I'm creating a milestone regarding that. I want to be in bed weeknights by 9 PM. In bed by 9:00 PM should mean I'm asleep by 9:03 PM. That will put me at 7 hours of sleep each night. I've also seriously slacked off on the food journal - primarily because I have no idea how to calculate a lot of the foods I've eaten. So I'm creating a new milestone regarding not eating out and keeping an ACCURATE food journal.
I'll be depositing $13. Lots of working out and a milestone seemed to have made up for my bad eating days.

3 comments:

MJ said...

oh! What a great idea! Now, I really want to create a milestone for getting enough sleep too! Thanks Maria!!

You know what? I'm always worried about my calves because I think they are too big. It's a family thing. My brother broke his ankle in highschool and his doctor noticed that Isaac's calves were enormous. They were bigger around than the doctor's arm was when he was flexing his bicep.

no1rachel said...

Sleep. I love sleep too bad I'm an insominac (however you spell it) maybe I should add that as a milestone as well?

JjHansen said...

I know exactly what you mean about not knowing exactly what you're eating. While there's no way to tell at a restaurant unless they've got it on their website, SparkPeople has a really good calculator on their website:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

Simply enter each of the ingredients you put in your dish, then divide it by the number of servings it makes. I've done this with a number of my homemade dishes including cookies and soups. And then you can save it in your favorites in your food journal and never have to think about it again.

Hope that helps. Congrats on your milestones!