For those of you that are just now finding our blog and don't know what on earth we're talking about, feel free to go back to our first post on September 13th to read the outline for our challenge.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Second Semi-productive week . .

I don't think I've ever been as accident prone in my entire life as I have been the last couple of weeks. I don't know if it's because I'm trying to be more active and in actuality, I've always been a klutz or if it's God's way of telling me that I should just be happy the way I am and sit around all day and get fat. First, there is my famous and unattractive sprained ankle (in all my years of gymnastics, dance and cheerleading I've NEVER sprained anything and then I do it simply running). And then last night I was running with Chuck and it was dark by the time I got home. Anyway, long story short . . he cut in front of me and I tripped (maybe I'll tell the whole story on my own blog). So now I'm all scrapped up and bruised etc etc etc. But, just like my sprained ankle, it won't stop me. Probably not the smartest, but whatever.

Okay, now for my progress. I'm still not quite where I want to be on my carbs. Some days are better than others so I've been researching different low carb recipes to help keep that down. I've been tracking all of my food and everything on SparkPeople.com but I think I'm going to try using fitday.com too for a couple of weeks to see which one I like better and then I'll continue with that. I'll be depositing the maximum of $10 for this weeks progress. Also, I've lost another 1/2 inch on my ribs, a 1/2 inch on my waist, a 1/2 inch off my lower thigh, and I've lost one pound since our last weigh in. I know, it's not much but it's better than nothing. Just another pound and a half to reach a milestone. When I put it that way it seems a little daunting, doesn't it?

Got a question on measurements . . when we way a milestone is every 2" lost (or whatever) is that 2" overall - like do you add them up? Or 2" lost on one body part? I've got it as a milestone which most of us do but I didn't actually think about it until today when I was trying to calculate. Cuz I've lost 4" total all over, but obviously not all of that in one place. Hhmm . . guess I could follow Maria and do it 1" off hips, waist etc. What is everyone else doing??

Over and out.

4 comments:

MJ said...

If you want to add all of your lost inches together and count them as a milestone, I think that's great!

We'll all be checking out your blog later to please fill us in on the entire "Bad Luck With Chuck" incident.

mP said...

Janis, you crack me up! You and all your accidents. But I'm glad that you aren't going to let that stop you!
I think that whatever you want to do with losing inches is fine. I broke mine up because I am more concerned with losing inches in some areas than others.
Also, try out the dailyplate.com - or I can and I'll report back to you.
Good job this week. And thanks for going hiking with me. We need to do that again!

JjHansen said...

Okay, I've decided to revamp my milestones and break the inches up into different areas - since Maria is totally right. I am more concerned with my waist and thighs than I am with my ribs etc.

So, with that - I've technically hit two milestones, I guess.
Because between the 1/2" last week and the 1 1/2" this week, I've lost 2" on my thighs. So, I guess I'll be depositing $14 for this week!

Whoohoo! Skinny jeans, here I come!

no1rachel said...

I won't ever wear skinny leg jeans but I know that it will help me to feel good that I can fit in them! Go Janis go!